Canada Travel Information
With CIS heading to Canada for the first time, there may be some questions about what, if any, travel arrangements may need to be made. Traveling to Canada is, on the whole, very similar to traveling to the United States. Please review the information below, which should answer any questions you have about traveling to Toronto.
To visit Canada, all travelers will need to meet some basic requirements:
- Have a valid travel document, like a passport
- Be in good health
- Have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
- Be able to explain to an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country
- Explain to an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
- Have enough money for your stay (The amount of money you will need depends on how long you will stay and if you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives).
ENTERING FROM THE UNITED STATES
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) recommends that all US citizens carry a valid passport. A passport may be required by your airline or transportation authority.
If you are a United States citizen, be sure to carry proof of citizenship, such as a passport, along with photo identification. If you are a permanent U.S. resident, carry proof of your status such as a U.S. Permanent Resident Card.
All visitors arriving from or transiting through the United States are encouraged to visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website for information concerning the U.S. Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative and requirements to enter or return to the United States.
ENTERING FROM NON-US COUNTRIES
All non-US visitors to Canada will be required to obtain either an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visa for the length of their stay.
USING MOBILE DEVICES IN CANADA
Click here to read useful instructions on using your mobile device, including iPads/tablets, while in Canada.
Abstract Submission Opens
October 2, 2017
October 11, 2017
December 20, 2017
Abstract Submission Closes
February 9, 2018
Early Bird Registration Closes
March 23, 2018
March 30, 2018
Online Registration Closes
*On-site registration will be available*