The Advocacy Committee meets on an as-needed basis to develop the extent and the manner in which CIS pursues actions to influence government policy at the state and federal level.
Their activities over the past years include the following:
- Submitted a letter to Aetna Letter regarding the revision in the policy on Parenteral Immunoglobulins (PIP), which failed to adequately consider important aspects of the role of IG therapy in the care of primary immunodeficiency patients.
- Agreed to sign on to the 21st Century Cures Act.
- Invited Linda Griffith, MD, NIAID, to speak on advocacy during the 2017 Annual Meeting.
- Wrote a paper on Genetics which was submitted to the Journal of Clinical Immunology. An early 2018 publish date is anticipated.
- Conducted a survey with the Immune Deficiency Foundation and currently exploring next steps.
- December 2017: Distributed a response to the CIS Membership regarding the Senate's Proposed Tax Bill.